A creed in 5 minutes

Two days ago I attended a study day for the worship and local  preachers course:  As a mentor I wanted to keep myself up to date on what our students are having to learn, and I found it very interesting.  One of the tasks we were asked to accomplish was to write a creed in about 5 minutes.  It’s a tall order but the one I created I thought I would share:


I believe in God
I believe that Jesus is God incarnate
I believe that the Holy Spirit is God in word and breath
I believe in the birth, life and death of Jesus
I believe that Jesus was raised from the dead by God
I believe that the Holy Spirit was released globally at Pentecost
I believe that the Church’s role is to build the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven
I believe that creation will be healed in the fullness of time


Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism