The Darkest Day

I wake in the darkness
One side of my face swollen from the beatings
It hurts when I breathe
I think my fingers are broken
Abba, Abba, I’d rather the bitter cup of hemlock than this
How much longer will they have their way?


I heard his screams during the night
A nightmare for every piece of silver – that bloodied money
I just don’t get it
He can bring people back from the dead
He can calm a storm.
What’s happening here?  What have I done?

Ecce Homo.
Pilate.  A thug in a smart suit.
Representative of power and might, or so he thinks.
Just a puppet in truth.  When I look at him, I see the puppet master
The one holding his strings
Only he has no idea, it is so sad to see.

No, no…he looked right into my soul
I saw him with the cross beam, hardly recognisable
His face beaten out of shape
But his eyes; piercing, full of forgiveness no anger or retribution
I don’t deserve that; how dare he, how can he forgive me.
I can’t go on, I want to run and hide!

Father, Forgive them for they really don’t know what they have done
Let the barrier be torn
There is now on Earth a seed of Heaven
No hiding places any more
Let your will be done here as well as in Heaven
It is finished


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism