Waiting - a poem for Advent

I sit at home, waiting
Waiting for a mac to boot up,
Waiting or the kettle to boil,
Waiting for the phone to ring
Waiting for an email.

Waiting for something less banal on daytime TV
Waiting for truth from an MP
Waiting to see the GP
Waiting in a queue for the blood lady
Waiting to see a therapist

I have become almost an expert at waiting
And yet I know so little
Energy levels deleted
A mind wrapped in fog
Too tired to think or plan

I cry out to God, not sure if he is listening
Why?  What do I do with this?
“Wait and rest in me” – the reply
Wait and rest in me

So I try to see God in my waiting
To see God in the moment
And so I sit at home waiting.
Waiting for God who came as a child outcast
For God who will come again as King

And who comes now – in our waiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism