on being surprised and humbled

I rarely visit the stats page of this blog, and when I ventured there the other day, I was shocked to find that people from around the world were actually reading what I was writing down.  The peak in views also seemed to coincide with a burst in new followers on twitter, mostly from the USA.

All this has left me feeling both surprised that anyone would find anything I write to be in the slightest interesting, and humbled that a sermon I wrote for an English village Methodist Chapel is being read by people thousands of miles away, and that in some small way, those thoughts and words, hopefully inspired by the Holy Spirit, may exert a beneficial effect on a growing number of people.

In the early years of the Church, there was probably an oral history, with stories passed on to friends and newcomers in meetings and over meals.

I wonder if the new forms of "gossip" - social media such as twitter and facebook may in some way mimick the behaviour of our forebears in the 1st Century.  As we "gossip" and share the Gospel, the words of the Holy Spirit are spread far and wide like seeds of a meadow plant.

Thank you to all those people who read this blog, I have found that I have been changed by the writing and the realisation that the writing has been read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas story.

Inclusion; Like Christmas. is it too costly?

The fallacy of fascism